8 Quotations with Jests.
- 1. Ambrose Bierce: JESTER, n. An officer formerly attached to a king's household, whose business it ...
- 2. Richard Brinsley Sheridan: He is indebted to his memory for his jests and to his imagination for his facts.
- 3. Paul Simon: All lies and jests, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the r ...
- 4. William Shakespeare: He jests at scars that never felt a wound.
- 5. Samuel Johnson: I gleaned jests at home from obsolete farces.
- 6. Miguel de Cervantes: Jests that give pains are no jests.
- 7. Oliver Goldsmith: The jests of the rich are ever successful.
- 8. Shakespeare: He jests at scars that never felt a wound.