453 Proverbs about Mother
1. Never rely on the glory of the morning nor the smiles of your mother-in-law.
2. A child may have too much of his mother's blessing.
3. A mother understands what a child does not say.
4. Diligence is the mother of good luck.
5. Do not insult the mother alligator until after you have crossed the river.
6. When a rich man's dog died, everyone commiserated. When a poor man lost his mother, no one noticed.
7. A child's fingers are not scalded by a piece of hot yam which his mother puts into his palm.
8. Step on a crack break your mother's back.
9. Diligence is the mother of good luck.
10. A dog won't forsake his master because of poverty; a son never deserts his mother because of her homely appearance.