129 Arabian Proverbs
- 1. A book is a garden carried in the pocket.
- 2. A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.
- 3. A book that remains shut, is but a block.
- 4. A friend is known when needed.
- 5. A kind word can attract even the snake from his nest.
- 6. A little and a little, collected together, becomes a great deal; the heap in the barn consists of single grains, and drop and drop makes an inundation.
- 7. A little bird wants but a little nest.
- 8. A little body doth often harbour a great soul.
- 9. A little debt makes a debtor, a great one an enemy.
- 10. A man profits more by the sight of an idiot than by the orations of the learned.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|