127 Jewish Proverbs
- 1. "Rejoice not at thine enemy's fall"--but don't rush to pick his up, either.
- 2. A bird that you set free may be caught again, but a word that escapes your lips will not return.
- 3. A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
- 4. A friend you have to buy; enemies you get for nothing.
- 5. A good son-in-law is like the acquisition of a new son; a bad one is like the loss of your daughter.
- 6. A half-truth is a whole lie.
- 7. A mother understands what a child does not say.
- 8. A person worries about the past, distresses about the present, and fears the future.
- 9. A pessimist, confronted with two bad choices, chooses both.
- 10. A slave shows his true character, not while he is enslaved but when he becomes a master.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|