1614 American Proverbs
- 1. 'tis the taste that tells the tale.
- 2. A babe is a mother's anchor; she cannot swing from her moorings.
- 3. A bad broom leaves a dirty room.
- 4. A bad man in Zion City is a good man in Chicago.
- 5. A beautiful face is a letter of recommendation.
- 6. A benevolent man should allow a few faults in himself to keeps his friends in countenance.
- 7. A bird is known by his note and a man by his talk.
- 8. A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.
- 9. A bow too much bent will break.
- 10. A boy is better unborn than untaught.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|