94 Proverbs about Medicine
1. A dose of adversity is often as needful as a dose of medicine.
2. Visitors' footfalls are like medicine; they heal the sick.
3. No medicines can cure the vulgar man.
4. Misfortunes are, in morals, what bitters are in medicine: each is at first disagreeable; but as the bitters act as corroborants to the stomach, so adversity chastens and ameliorates the disposition.
5. Repentance is the heart's medicine.
6. Time is anger's medicine.
7. A library is a repository of medicine for the mind.
8. Temperance is the best medicine.
9. Better go without medicine than call in an unskilled physician.
10. Ready money is ready medicine.