644 Proverbs about Horse
1. Keep five yards from a carriage, ten yards from a horse, and a hundred yards from an elephant; but the distance one should keep from a wicked man cannot be measured.
2. It is not the horse that draws the cart, but the oats.
3. A good resolution is like an old horse, which is often saddled but rarely ridden.
4. If an ass goes a-traveling, he'll not come home a horse.
5. Don't close the barn door after the horse runs away.
6. Every man hath his hobby-horse.
7. If you can't ride two horses at once, you shouldn't be in the circus.
8. Never swap horses crossing a stream.
9. Putting the cart before the horse.
10. A horse of good breed is not dishonored by his saddle.