1012 Russian Proverbs
- 1. "Your feet are crooked, your hair is good for nothing," said the pig to the horse.
- 2. 'Tis a hard winter when one wolf eats another.
- 3. A bachelor is never sent as a go-between.
- 4. A bad dancer always has trouble with his balls.
- 5. A bad peace is better than a good quarrel.
- 6. A bad rumour flies on wings.
- 7. A beaten one is worth two unbeaten ones.
- 8. A bird may be known by its flight.
- 9. A boat stands firmer with two anchors.
- 10. A cat always knows whose meat it eats.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|