30 Akan Proverbs
- 1. A child who is to be successful is not to be reared exclusively on a bed of down.
- 2. Although the snake does not fly, it has caught the hornbill, whose home is in the sky.
- 3. Death's ladder is there for everyone to climb.
- 4. Fowls will not spare a cockroach that falls in their midst.
- 5. If a horn deserves a jawbone, they attach one to it.
- 6. If all the seeds that fall were to grow, then no one could follow the path under the trees.
- 7. If an ass goes a-traveling, he'll not come home a horse.
- 8. If you do not have sandals, find some, if you do not have gun powder, find some for a score to settle with you on the battle grounds.
- 9. It is a fool whose own tomatoes are sold to him.
- 10. Marriage is like a groundnut: you have to crack them to see what is inside.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|