54 Proverbs about Giving
1. You are like a tree, giving your shade to the outside.
2. Between promising and giving a man should marry his daughter.
3. He ruins himself in promises, and clears himself by giving nothing.
4. Giving is fishing.
5. No one ever became poor through giving alms.
6. Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water.
7. Giving advice to a stupid man is like giving salt to a squirrel.
8. Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of grace, Wednesday's child is full of woe. Thursday's child has far to go, Friday's child is loving and giving, Saturday's child works hard for its living, And a child that's born of the Sabbath day Is fair and wise and good and gay.
9. Promising is not giving, but serves to content fools.
10. To be slow in giving ant to refuse, are alike.