56 Proverbs about Birth
1. Only three things in life are certain birth, death and change.
2. The court official in one life has seven rebirths as a beggar.
3. One for sorrow; two for mirth; three for a wedding; four for a birth.
4. Great birth is a very poor dish at table.
5. High birth is a poor dish on the table.
6. Nobility of conduct is a greater recommendation than nobility of birth.
7. That country will I call mine which supports me, not that which gave me birth.
8. Nobility of soul is more honourable than nobility of birth.
9. The pumpkin gives birth and the fence has the trouble.
10. I came to the place of my birth and cried, "The friends of my youth, where are they?" And echo answered, "Where are they?"