472 Arab Proverbs
- 1. A book is a garden carried in the pocket.
- 2. A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.
- 3. A book that remains shut, is but a block.
- 4. A borrowed cloak does not keep one warm.
- 5. A chameleon does not leave one tree until he is sure of another.
- 6. A change is as good as a rest.
- 7. A fable is a bridge that leads to truth.
- 8. A fable is a bridge which leads to truth.
- 9. A fat woman is a blanket for the winter.
- 10. A foolish man may be known by six things: Anger without cause, speech without profit, change without progress, inquiry without object, putting trust in a stranger, and mistaking foes for friends.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|