1386 Dutch Proverbs
- 1. "Bad company," said the thief, as he went to the gallows between the hangman and a monk.
- 2. 'Tis a fat bird that bastes itself.
- 3. 'Tis a wise child that knows its own father.
- 4. 'Tis altogether vain to learn wisdom, and yet live foolishly.
- 5. 'Tis as necessary to him as gold weights are to a beggar.
- 6. 'Tis best woo where a man can see the smoke.
- 7. 'Tis day still, while the sun shines.
- 8. 'Tis too late to spare when the cask is bare.
- 9. 'Tis well that wicked cows have short horns.
- 10. 'Twixt the spoon and the lip, the morsel may slip.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|