22 Rwandese Proverbs
- 1. A friend who visits you when you are suffering is your best friend.
- 2. A hoe made small from loving work came to visit and together we cultivated our relationship. When united everything is possible.
- 3. A large eye does not mean keen vision.
- 4. A stone that is visible cannot destroy a hoe.
- 5. Close the door and beat the dog.
- 6. Even if an animal comes to you for protection, you give it sanctuary.
- 7. From the word of an elder is derived a bone.
- 8. God spends the day elsewhere, but he always spends the night in Rwanda.
- 9. If we remember the quarrels and mistakes of yesterday, we will never have someone to party together with us.
- 10. If you call a piece of wood 'child', you can never use it to light fire since it has become so precious.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|