10 Proverbs about Pulling
1. You won't help shoots grow by pulling them up higher.
2. Pulling the devil by the tail does not lead far young or old.
3. Even pulling a fish out of the pond requires some effort.
4. If you enjoy riding, you better enjoy pulling the sleigh.
5. If you enjoy riding, enjoy pulling the sleigh.
6. Pulling the devil by the leg is a bad grip.
7. When a stiff-necked bull stands with its four legs planted firmly and refuses to move, you cannot make it go ahead only by pulling it by the reins and using your whip.
8. From twenty to thirty, neither pulling nor pushing, from thirty on up a woman is of no further use.
9. The marksman hitteth the mark partly by pulling, partly by letting go.
10. You won't help the new plants grow by pulling them up higher.