1234 Sicilian Proverbs
- 1. A bequest, a found treasure, and parsimony make a man wealthy.
- 2. A big dog doesn't play around with a lap dog.
- 3. A bird shows its worth with its song, an intellect by its speech.
- 4. A bountiful pear harvest means shortages of everything else.
- 5. A cart horse doesn't last long.
- 6. A Christian is more of a scoundrel than a rascal of a non-believer.
- 7. A coddled cat doesn't catch mice.
- 8. A contented stomach, a forgiving heart; but an empty stomach pardons nothing.
- 9. A continuous fever even grounds the lion.
- 10. A couple married on Monday is headed for a fall.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|