2062 Proverbs about Other
1. If you wish your merit to be known, acknowledge that of other people.
2. When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.
3. Never rely on the glory of the morning nor the smiles of your mother-in-law.
4. The man who comes with a tale about others has himself an ax to grind.
5. If rich people could hire other people to die for them, the poor could make a wonderful living.
6. A child may have too much of his mother's blessing.
7. A mother understands what a child does not say.
8. Diligence is the mother of good luck.
9. Do not confine your children to your own learning, for they were born in another time.
10. Do not insult the mother alligator until after you have crossed the river.