343 Hebrew Proverbs
- 1. A basic rule of caution: don't be overly cautious.
- 2. A beautiful ornament looks best on a beautiful woman.
- 3. A book gives knowledge, but it is life that gives understanding.
- 4. A borrower may not lend the thing he borrowed.
- 5. A change of name or place may sometimes save a person.
- 6. A dog can't be a butcher, and a bachelor can't be a matchmaker.
- 7. A dream which has not been interpreted is like a letter unread.
- 8. A drunkard at prayer is regarded as an idol worshipper.
- 9. A guest who comes empty handed does not deserve a warm welcome.
- 10. A henpecked husband gets no support during a lawsuit.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|