21 Quotations by Robert Herrick
- 1. A little saint best fits a little shrine, A little prop best fits a little vine, As my small cruse b ...
- 2. And with our broth, and bread, and bits, sir friend,
- 3. Bid me to love, and I will give a loving heart to thee.
- 4. Conquer we shall, but, we must first contend! It's not the fight that crowns us, but the end.
- 5. Gather ye rose-buds while ye may,
- 6. Give me a kiss, and to that kiss a score;
- 7. Give, if thou canst, an alms; if not, afford, instead of that, a sweet and gentle word.
- 8. He loves his bonds who, when the first are broke, Submits his neck into a second yoke.
- 9. Here a little child I stand, Heaving up my either hand; Cold as paddocks though they be, Here I lift ...
- 10. If a little labor, little are our gains. Man's fortunes are according to his pains.
- 11. In prayer the lips ne'er act the winning part, without the sweet concurrence of the heart.
- 12. In things a moderation keep; Kings ought to shear, not skin, their sheep.
- 13. In vain our labours are, whatsoe'er they be, unless God gives the Benediction.
- 14. It is the end that crowns us, not the fight.
- 15. It takes great wit and interest and energy to be happy. The pursuit of happiness is a great activity ...
- 16. The person lives twice who lives the first life well.
- 17. To get thine ends, lay bashfulness aside; Who fears to ask, doth teach to be deny'd.
- 18. We have short time to stay, as you,
- 19. What is a kiss? Why this, as some approve:
- 20. Who covets more is evermore a slave.
|Robert Herrick Quotes by Power Quotations|