58 Quotations by Juvenal
- 1. A hairy body, and arms stiff with bristles, give promise of a manly soul.
- 2. A healthy mind in a healthy body.
- 3. A lucky man is rarer than a white crow.
- 4. A man who has nothing can whistle in a robber's face.
- 5. A third heir seldom enjoys what has been dishonestly acquired.
- 6. All things may be bought in Rome with money.
- 7. All wish to know, but none want to pay the price.
- 8. All wish to possess knowledge, but few, comparatively speaking, are willing to pay the price.
- 9. Be gentle with the young.
- 10. Be rich to yourself and poor to your friends.
- 11. Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes lif ...
- 12. Dare to do things worthy of imprisonment if you mean to be of consequence.
- 13. Eloquence under a threadbare cloak.
- 14. Even savage animals can agree among themselves.
- 15. Every great house is full of haughty servants.
- 16. Few people can distinguish the genuinely good from the reverse.
- 17. Fortune can, for her pleasure, fools advance,
- 18. From where can your authority and license as a parent come from, when you who are old, do worse thin ...
- 19. Here we all live in a state of ambitious poverty.
- 20. How incessant and great are the ills with which a prolonged old age is replete.
|Juvenal Quotes by Power Quotations|