Famous Quotes / John Lancaster Spalding
9 Quotations by John Lancaster Spalding
- 1. As memory may be a paradise from which we cannot be driven, it may also be a hell from which we cann ...
- 2. Do definite good; first of all to yourself, then to definite persons.
- 3. If all were gentle and contented as sheep, all would be as feeble and helpless.
- 4. Leave each one his touch of folly; it helps to lighten life's burden which, if he could see himself ...
- 5. Life without faith in something is too narrow a space in which to live.
- 6. The highest courage is to dare to appear to be what one is.
- 7. We are more disturbed by a calamity which threatens us than by one which has befallen us.
- 8. What we love to do we find time to do.
- 9. Your faith is what you believe, not what you know.