89 Quotations by Homer
- 1. A companion's words of persuasion are effective.
- 2. A councilor ought not to sleep the whole night through, a man to whom the populace is entrusted, and ...
- 3. A decent boldness ever meets with friends.
- 4. A generation of men is like a generation of leaves; the wind scatters some leaves upon the ground, w ...
- 5. A guest never forgets the host who had treated him kindly.
- 6. A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.
- 7. A small rock holds back a great wave.
- 8. A sympathetic friend can be quite as dear as a brother.
- 9. A young man is embarrassed to question an older one.
- 10. Achilles absent was Achilles still!
- 11. All men have need of the gods.
- 12. All strangers and beggars are from Zeus, and a gift, though small, is precious.
- 13. Among all men on the earth bards have a share of honor and reverence, because the muse has taught th ...
- 14. And what he greatly thought, he nobly dared.
- 15. At last is Hector stretch'd upon the plain,
- 16. Be still my heart; thou hast known worse than this.
- 17. But curb thou the high spirit in thy breast, for gentle ways are best, and keep aloof from sharp con ...
- 18. By their own follies they perished, the fools.
- 19. Do thou restrain the haughty spirit in thy breast, for better far is gentle courtesy.
- 20. Dreams surely are difficult, confusing, and not everything in them is brought to pass for mankind. F ...
|Homer Quotes by Power Quotations|