Famous Quotes / Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
18 Quotations by Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
- 1. A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents.
- 2. Don't judge a man by his opinions, but what his opinions have made of him.
- 3. Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer t ...
- 4. First there is a time when we believe everything, then for a little while we believe with discrimina ...
- 5. He who is in love with himself has at least this advantage - he won't encounter many rivals.
- 6. I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they ...
- 7. Man is a gregarious animal and much more so in his mind than in his body. A golden rule; judge men n ...
- 8. Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- 9. One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with every ...
- 10. Perhaps in time the so-called Dark Ages will be thought of as including our own.
- 11. The proof that man is the noblest of all creatures is that no other creature has ever denied it.
- 12. The worst thing you can possibly do is worrying and thinking about what you could have done.
- 13. There are people who think that everything one does with a serious face is sensible.
- 14. To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation.
- 15. What a blessing it would be if we could open and shut our ears as easily as we open and shut our eye ...
- 16. When a book and a head collide and there is a hollow sound, is it always from the book?
- 17. With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another.
- 18. With most people unbelief in one thing is founded upon blind belief in another.