Famous Quotes / Emerson
10 Quotations by Emerson
- 1. For everything you have missed you have gained something else.
- 2. If you put a chain around the neck of a slave, the other end fastens itself around you own.
- 3. Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is to you.
- 4. Manners are the happy ways of doing things; each one a stroke of genius or of love, now repeated and ...
- 5. Nature and Books belong to the eyes that see them.
- 6. The reward of a thing well done, is to have done it.
- 7. The secret of education lies in respecting the pupil.
- 8. Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
- 9. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- 10. Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent t ...