Famous Quotes / Dean Acheson
15 Quotations by Dean Acheson
- 1. A memorandum is not written to inform the reader, but to protect the writer.
- 2. A memorandum is written not to inform the reader but to protect the writer.
- 3. Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
- 4. Between 9 and 10 AM the American radio is concerned almost exclusively with love. It seems a little ...
- 5. Great Britain has lost an empire and has not yet found a role.
- 6. I have a curious and apprehensive feeling as I watch JFK that he is sort of an Indian snake charmer.
- 7. Negotiating in the classic diplomatic sense assumes parties more anxious to agree than to disagree.
- 8. The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.
- 9. The first requirement of a statesman is that he be dull.
- 10. The future comes one day at a time.
- 11. The thing to remember is that that the future comes one day at a time.
- 12. Time spent in the advertising business seems to create a permanent deformity like the Chinese habit ...
- 13. Washington is like a self-sealing tank on a military aircraft. When a bullet passes through, it clos ...
- 14. We have actively sought and are actively seeking to make the United Nations an effective instrument ...
- 15. You see, you all start with the premise that democracy is some good. I don't think it's worth a damn ...