22 Quotations by Dante Alighieri
- 1. A fair request should be followed by the deed in silence.
- 2. A great flame follows a little spark.
- 3. All hope abandon, ye who enter here!
- 4. Avarice, envy, pride,
- 5. Be as a tower firmly set; Shakes not its top for any blast that blows.
- 6. Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.
- 7. Consider your origins: you were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.
- 8. For he who sees a need but waits to be asked is already set on cruel refusal.
- 9. For what is liberty but the unhampered translation of will into act?
- 10. From a little spark may burst a mighty flame.
- 11. He listens well who takes notes.
- 12. He who sees a need and waits to be asked for help is as unkind as if he had refused it.
- 13. I am searching for that which every man seeks-peace and rest.
- 14. If the present world go astray, the cause is in you, in you it is to be sought.
- 15. If thou follow thy star, thou canst not fail of a glorious heaven
- 16. In the middle of the journey of our life I came to myself within a dark wood where the straight way ...
- 17. O human race born to fly upward, wherefore at a little wind dost thou fall.
- 18. The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral cr ...
- 19. The experience of this sweet life.
- 20. The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their ...
|Dante Alighieri Quotes by Power Quotations|