8 Quotations by Artemus Ward
- 1. Draw your salary before spending it.
- 2. I have already given two cousins to the war and I stand ready to sacrifice my wife's brother.
- 3. I have given two cousins to war and I stand ready to sacrifice my wife's brother.
- 4. I'm not a politician and my other habits are good.
- 5. Let us all be happy, and live within our means, even if we have to borrow the money to do it with.
- 6. Trouble will come soon enough, and when he does come receive him as pleasantly as possible... and th ...
- 7. When a fellow says it ain't the money but the principle of the thing, it's the money.
- 8. Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?