17 Quotations by Aristophanes
- 1. A man may learn wisdom even from a foe.
- 2. A man's homeland is wherever he prospers.
- 3. By words the mind is winged.
- 4. High thoughts must have high language.
- 5. Let each man exercise the art he knows.
- 6. Men of sense often learn from their enemies. It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities l ...
- 7. Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever.
- 8. Shall I crack any of those old jokes, master,
- 9. The truth is forced upon us, very quickly, by a foe.
- 10. The wise learn many things from their enemies.
- 11. These impossible women! How they do get around us! The poet was right: Can't live with them, or with ...
- 12. This is what extremely grieves us, that a man who never fought
- 13. Under every stone lurks a politician.
- 14. Wise men learn many things from their enemies.
- 15. Wise people, even though all laws were abolished, would still lead the same life.
- 16. You have all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulg ...
- 17. Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, advanced a stage or two upon that road which you mu ...
|Aristophanes Quotes by Power Quotations|