236 Proverbs about Wood
1. Wood already touched by fire is not hard to set alight.
2. A razor may be sharper than an ax, but it cannot cut wood.
3. Don't cry till you are out of the wood.
4. A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood.
5. Don't build a new ship out of old wood.
6. How can you put out a fire set on a cart-load of firewood with only a cup of water.
7. Mallet strikes chisel; chisel splits wood.
8. Only when all contribute their firewood can they build up a strong fire.
9. Rotten wood cannot be carved.
10. Though you live near a forest, do not waste firewood.