236 Proverbs about Wood / Page 2
11. Golden bishop, wooden crosier; wooden bishop, golden crosier.
12. Not every sort of wood is fit to make an arrow.
13. Very hard times in the wood when the wolves eat each other.
14. Crooked wood burns quite as well as straight.
15. He that peeps into every bush will hardly get into the wood.
16. He that picks up all sorts of wood, soon gets an armful.
17. If the wolf had stayed in the wood there would have been no hue and cry after him.
18. If wood-hewing were an order, there would be fewer monks.
19. Misfortune, wood, and hair, grow throughout the year.
20. The man in the moon stole the wood.