34 Proverbs about Twenty
1. One catches more flies with a spoonful of honey than with twenty casks of vinegar.
2. A volunteer is worth twenty pressed men.
3. He that at twenty is not, at thirty knows not, and at forty has not, will never be, nor ever know, nor ever have.
4. In time of prosperity, friends will be plenty, In time of adversity, not one amongst twenty.
5. He that is not gallant at twenty, strong at thirty, rich at forty, or experienced at fifty, will never be gallant, strong, rich, or prudent.
6. He who at twenty understands nothing, at thirty knows nothing, and at forty has nothing, will lead a wretched old age.
7. Since you have scolding me, I have counted a hundred and twenty holes in that nutmeg grater.
8. There are twenty-five uncaught sparrows for a penny.
9. He who dies not in his twenty-third year, drowns not in his twenty-fourth, and is not slain in his twenty-fifth, may boast of good days.
10. In times of prosperity friends will be plenty, In times of adversity, not one in twenty.