240 Proverbs about River
1. If you sit by the river long enough, you will see the body of your enemy float by.
2. Do not insult the mother alligator until after you have crossed the river.
3. Don't call the alligator a big-mouth till you have crossed the river.
4. A bird can roost but on one branch, a mouse can drink not more than its fill from a river.
5. Do not insult the crocodile until you've crossed the river.
6. Enough shovels of earth make a mountain, enough pails of water a river.
7. Rivers and mountains may change; human nature, never.
8. You must have crossed the river before you may tell the crocodile he has bad breath.
9. A good driver turns in a small space.
10. At a bridge, a plank, a river, the servant foremost, the master behind.