24 Proverbs about Peacock
1. Sparrows who emulate peacocks are likely to break a thigh.
2. Peacock, look at your legs.
3. What the peacock has too little on his head, he has too much on his tail.
4. Bachelor, a peacock; betrothed, a lion; married, an ass.
5. No peacock envies another peacock his tail.
6. Better a handful of dry dates and content therewith than to own the Gate of Peacocks and be kicked in the eye by a broody camel.
7. Brighter than a peacock.
8. He kills the peacock for the beauty of its feathers.
9. The bachelor is a peacock, the engaged man a lion, and the married man a jackass.
10. The cock goes to town for only four days and returns home a peacock.