30 Proverbs about Onion
1. He fasted for a whole year and then broke his fast with an onion.
2. A dealer in onions is a good judge of scallions.
3. A cat has nine lives, as the onion seven skins.
4. An onion will not produce a rose.
5. I speak of garlic, you reply about onions.
6. Give even an onion graciously.
7. Onions, smoke, and a shrew, make a good man's eyes water.
8. If thou hast not a capon, feed on an onion.
9. If there is only bread and onions, still have a happy face.
10. Give graciously -- even an onion.