34 Proverbs about Misfortunes
1. Misfortunes are, in morals, what bitters are in medicine: each is at first disagreeable; but as the bitters act as corroborants to the stomach, so adversity chastens and ameliorates the disposition.
2. One has always strength enough to bear the misfortunes of one's friends.
3. Ignorance of one's misfortunes is clear gain.
4. Grieving for misfortunes is adding gall to wormwood.
5. Misfortunes make friends.
6. Misfortunes make happiness more sweet when it comes.
7. Misfortunes make strange bedfellows.
8. The misfortunes to which we are accustomed affect us less deeply.
9. Misfortunes never come single.
10. Misfortunes never come single.