28 Proverbs about Forty
1. He who eats of the king's goose will void a feather forty years after.
2. Saint Swithun's day, if thou be fair, for forty days it will remain; Saint Swithun's day, if thou bring rain, for forty days it will remain.
3. He that at twenty is not, at thirty knows not, and at forty has not, will never be, nor ever know, nor ever have.
4. He that is not gallant at twenty, strong at thirty, rich at forty, or experienced at fifty, will never be gallant, strong, rich, or prudent.
5. He who at twenty understands nothing, at thirty knows nothing, and at forty has nothing, will lead a wretched old age.
6. Life begins at forty.
7. A fool at forty is a fool indeed.
8. The doorstep weeps for forty days whenever a girl is born.
9. There are forty kinds of lunacy, but only one kind of common sense.
10. Women are as beautiful as flowers when they are forty years old.