28 Proverbs about Fighting
1. Six things have no business in the world: a fighting priest, a coward knight, a covetous judge, a stinking barber, a soft-hearted mother, and an itchy baker.
2. Advising is often better than fighting.
3. The buckets take to fighting with the well, and get their heads broken.
4. While two dogs are fighting for a bone, a third runs away with it.
5. A full belly is neither good for flight, nor for fighting.
6. To the fighting man peace is sure.
7. The weapon first, fighting second.
8. An Irishman is never at his best except when fighting.
9. Fighting for your country glorifies death.
10. Fighting a losing battle.