7 Proverbs about Disposition
1. Misfortunes are, in morals, what bitters are in medicine: each is at first disagreeable; but as the bitters act as corroborants to the stomach, so adversity chastens and ameliorates the disposition.
2. The wolf changes his teeth but not his disposition.
3. A snake can change its skin but not its disposition.
4. If the master gets drunk it is an honorable drunkenness; if the servant does it is evidence of his mean disposition.
5. The wolf changes his coat, but not his disposition.
6. Inquire about everything that you may understand it. be good tempered and magnanimous, that your disposition may be attractive.
7. A gentle disposition is like an unruffled stream.