69 Proverbs about Arms / Page 2
11. One man's beard is on fire, and another man warms his hands on it.
12. Arms are of little service abroad unless directed by the wisdom of counsellors at home.
13. Know you not that kings have long arms?
14. Kings have long arms.
15. Arms and money require good hands.
16. He does not a little who burns his house: he frightens the rats, and warms himself.
17. A small fire that warms you, is better than a large one that burns you.
18. Arms, women, and books should be looked at daily.
19. Labour warms, sloth harms.
20. The arms of Bruges: an ass in an arm-chair.