143 Ghanaian Proverbs
- 1. A calf that is sucking does not bellow.
- 2. A child does not laugh at the ugliness of his mother.
- 3. A child who is to be successful is not reared exclusively on a bed of down.
- 4. A crab does not beget a bird.
- 5. A cracked bell can never sound well.
- 6. A healthy person who begs for food is an insult to a generous farmer.
- 7. A knife does not know who is its master.
- 8. A powerful deity is the one to whom sacrifices are offered.
- 9. A slave does not choose his master.
- 10. A stranger dances - he does not sing.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|