143 Ghanaian Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. A woman is a flower in a garden; her husband is the fence around it.
- 12. A woman is like a blanket: If you cover yourself with it, it bothers you; if you throw it aside you will feel the cold.
- 13. A woman is like a rat: even if it grows up in your house, it steals from you.
- 14. A Worthy cause is worth pursuing to the end.
- 15. An army is driven back by courage and not by insults, however many.
- 16. By going and coming, a bird weaves its nest.
- 17. By the time the fool has learned the game, the players have dispersed.
- 18. Death has the key to open the miser's chest.
- 19. Do not call the forest that shelters you a jungle.
- 20. Don't expect to be offered a chair when you visit a place where the chief himself sits on the floor.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|