1609 English Proverbs / Page 3
- 21. A cobbler formed the shape of shoes on a wooden foot shaped last. If it lasted long he was happy.
- 22. A cobbler should stick to his last.
- 23. A cold April the barn will fill.
- 24. A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once.
- 25. A cracked bell can never sound well.
- 26. A creaking cart goes long on the wheels.
- 27. A creaking door hangs longest.
- 28. A crowd is not company.
- 29. A crown's no cure for a headache.
- 30. A degenerate nobleman is like a turnip. There is nothing good of him but that which is underground.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|