1609 English Proverbs / Page 4
- 31. A dimple in the chin, your living comes in; a dimple in the cheek, your living to seek.
- 32. A dog is a man's best friend.
- 33. A dog's nose and a maid's knee are always cold.
- 34. A drowning man will clutch at a straw.
- 35. A drunken man is always dry.
- 36. A fair booty makes a fair thief.
- 37. A fair death honors the whole life.
- 38. A fault confessed is half redressed.
- 39. A fish follows the bait.
- 40. A flow will have an ebb.
|<< 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 161 >>
|Quotes by Power Quotations|