102 Proverbs about Winter
1. One kind word can warm three winter months.
2. Because men do not like the cold, Heaven does not cause winter to cease.
3. If Candlemas day be sunny and bright, winter will have another flight; if Candlemas day be cloudy with rain, winter is gone and won't come again.
4. It is no use fretting after last winter's snow.
5. It needs no laran to prophesy snow at midwinter.
6. Nothing in this world is certain but death and next winter's snows.
7. He who passes a winter's day passes one of his mortal enemies.
8. An old man loved is a winter with flowers.
9. Those who don't pick roses in summer won't pick them in winter either.
10. Winter comes fast on the lazy.