136 Proverbs about Thorn
1. If you scatter thorns, don't go barefoot.
2. A thorn defends the rose, harming only those who would steal the blossom.
3. He who plants thorns must never expect to gather roses.
4. The rose has thorns only for those who would gather it.
5. The way of a slothful man is as a hedge of thorns.
6. A rabbithorn cannot be a war-horse and will only become a laughingstock if he should try.
7. If you lie upon roses when young, you will lie upon thorns when old.
8. A thorn comes into the world point foremost.
9. He pays dear for honey who licks it off thorns.
10. He who sows thistles reaps thorns.