226 Proverbs about Sand
1. A thousand cups of wine do not suffice when true friends meet, but half a sentence is too much when there is no meeting of minds.
2. I dreamed a thousand new paths. . . I woke and walked my old one.
3. It is better to live for one day as a tiger than to live for a thousand years as a sheep.
4. Write the bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble.
5. A thousand pounds and a bottle of hay are all one at domesday.
6. Begin with an error of an inch and end by being a thousand miles off the mark.
7. Deviate an inch, lose a thousand miles.
8. Easy to enroll a thousand soldiers. But, ah, one general!.
9. He who could foresee affairs three days in advance would be rich for thousands of years.
10. Hold back some goods for a thousand days and you will be sure to sell at a profit.