222 Proverbs about Lost
1. When a rich man's dog died, everyone commiserated. When a poor man lost his mother, no one noticed.
2. He who strikes the first blow admits he's lost the argument.
3. The ass went seeking for horns and lost his ears.
4. Those who lose dreaming are lost.
5. Count not what is lost but what is left.
6. The man will surely fail, who dares delay, And lose to-morrow that has lost to-day.
7. You think you've lost your horse? Who knows, he may bring a whole herd back to you someday.
8. A cow does not know what her tail is worth until she has lost it.
9. A hook's well lost to catch a salmon.
10. All is not lost that is delayed.