139 Proverbs about Leaves / Page 2
11. Words are the leaves of the tree of language, of which, if some fall away, a new succession takes their place.
12. April weather, woman's love, rose-leaves, dice, and card-luck, change every moment.
13. Many a one leaves the roast who afterwards longs for the smoke of it.
14. One who walks in another's tracks leaves no footprints.
15. The bucket goes so often to the well that it leaves its handle there.
16. The pitcher that goes often to the fountain leaves there either its handle or its spout.
17. As numerous as the leaves of the oak, or the waves which wash the island.
18. Death snatches away the most deserving, and leaves the wicked.
19. Even the rustling of leaves will alarm the hare.
20. He moistens the lips, but leaves the palate dry.