86 Proverbs about Horses / Page 2
11. Hobby horses are dearer than Arabians.
12. One must plough with the horses he has.
13. There is nothing for which the boors pray so much to God as that the horses of the squirearchy may not die, for otherwise they would ride the boors with spurs.
14. When old horses get warm, they are not easily held in.
15. England is the paradise of women, the hell of horses, and the purgatory of servants.
16. Hay smells different to lovers and horses.
17. Only fools and horses work.
18. One stroke on the nail and a hundred on the horseshoe.
19. The glass-dealer's horses fell out, and he looked on to see which kicked hardest.
20. The horseshoe that clatters wants a nail.