8 Proverbs about Hangman
1. "Success to you! God speed the craft!" as the hangman said to the judge.
2. A hangman is a good trade, he doth his work by daylight.
3. If lying were a capital crime, the hangman would work overtime.
4. See how he has risen from a mayor to a hangman.
5. "Bad company," said the thief, as he went to the gallows between the hangman and a monk.
6. "Away with you, be a peddlar, a knave," says the hangman to his man.
7. In the hangman's house you will always find a rope.
8. The hangman is being hanged.